Future Builders’ Music Theme encourages students to explore and cultivate their creativity and express themselves through music education. Students have the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of composing, playing, and basic recording using traditional and digital methods. Lessons in music theory will compliment the hands-on approach.
Students may learn how to play guitar and piano, as well as other instruments, and learn to use Apple’s Garageband software to record and edit their own compositions. Students are also encouraged to work together to create fluid compositions to be performed in a “band like” setting.
Areas of Focus
• Learn how to play an instrument or instruments of your choice
• Learn the theory behind music composition
• Learn how to play songs of your choice or compose your own original piece
• Learn the fundamentals of sound recording and make your own tracks
• Learn to tune all the parts of an inturment.
• Jam with peers